Thursday, October 25, 2012

Mellow Yellow

Hi there!

Today I'm going to show you guys a simple nail design I did on my girlfriend. Now she is a no frills kinda gal. She normally likes black and white thats it! No glitters or crackles or really any designs. I have to beg and plead for her to let me do something fun to her nails. Imagine my surprise when she said she wanted yellow nails with a couple of pieces of fimo cane on them. Sounds fun to me! So here's what she got.


I used

  • China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat
  • Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow
  • Seche Vite Top Coat 
If you aren't familiar with Fimo Canes here is what they look like.

Basically they come in a stick form and using a sharp blade (I used an xacto knife) you slice off as many pieces as needed. To attach them you can stick them on a wet layer of top coat or you can use nail glue. I used the glue then put a top coat on the entire nail. It stayed in place until she got sick of them and pulled them off! ;) These particular fimo canes came from Amazon.com I paid 5.79 with free shipping for 100 of them and as you can see I got a good variety. The only negative is that they took awhile to get here as they were shipped from Hong Kong. Still if you don't mind a bit of a wait they were a good deal. I'm sure there are some on Amazon that will arrive faster but I'm a sucker for free shipping so I'm willing to wait!

That's all for now. Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment